JOB TITLE : Head of Marketing.
REPORTING LINE :Managing Director.
TRAVEL: UP TO 10% - mainly within Nairobi.
WORKPLACE :Text Book Center HQ, Kijabe Street, Nairobi.
Text Book Centre is 55 years old and we aim at continuing to enrich people’s minds for another 55 years or more…
We will endure by reinventing ourselves, striving to satisfy and delight our customers our consumers and by remaining true to our mission and values. We are therefore looking for our Head of Marketing who will take the Text Book Centre brand and Consumer Experience to the next level.
As our Head of Marketing, you set the tone of the brand. You and your team tell Text Book Centre’s stories through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation.
Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the community and the people to TBC’s brand, stores and e-commerce platforms.
The marketing team establishes and strengthens authentic connections with diverse audiences through the lens of education and leisure. The team creates high-quality, impacting and emotional brand stories, builds and enhances corporate reputation and brand equity, and engages audiences such as consumers, medias, corporations, non-governmental organisations and our own employees.
You will also collaborate with key business partners to craft and execute integrated digital marketing programs to amplify demand creation, drive traffic and build awareness, acquire and retain members. The team focuses on information, inspiration and connection to accelerate the growth of Text Book Centre.
Main Responsibilities and Accountability
Be the “voice of Text Book Centre” outside the organisation and the “voice of our customers” and consumers inside Text Book Centre.
Focus on customers, champion customers, understand their needs and double up when they are delighted.
Create and connect the brand strategy with focused commercial goals which are aligned through the organisation.
Develop social media strategy and techniques for personalization of marketing communication and consult and advise business stakeholders on customer targeting approach best suited to achieve goals.
Drive scalable and data-driven audience selection, targeting and segmentation strategies in partnership with key stakeholders.
Own the strategic framework and drive seasonal planning against this framework.
Develop superior understanding of TBC’s consumer & retail realities. Use that information to generate engaging retail programming and marketing plans that support commercial initiatives and drive product demand.
Optimise processes to ensure programs are executed on strategy, on time and within budget.
Analyse effectiveness of customer targeting and media strategies, incorporating a wide variety of signals, data types and sources, and assess impact of marketing communications.
Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications; all organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition and so forth.
Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications, supervising the sign off of marketing literature and campaigns, liaising with legal and compliance personnel, ensuring the designs and messages meet the company brand and regulatory guidelines.
Ensure that every marketing tactic has an impactful and consistent brand message and the TBC narrative is clearly and creatively communicated.
Ensure clear and consistent brand messaging across all channels.
Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
Provide leadership to CRM initiatives and manage the quality and content of customer data.
Obsess consumer insights, passionate about the science of marketing, and adept at turning large volumes of data into simple insights and recommended actions.
Collaborate with leadership and external agencies to develop key messaging and specific advertising copy/design/packaging for campaigns across marketing channels; including detailed associated budgets.
Conduct research that helps define market assumptions and consumer behaviours/profiles; including consumer surveys, focus groups, the internet, industry experts, market intelligence companies and internal knowledge.
● 10-12 years or more of work experience in a digital or brand marketing role, including 5-7 years leading a marketing team, budget and P&L with proven record of excellent ROI, preferably within an omnichannel retail environment.
● A leader: exceptional leader and motivator of people that displays exceptional leadership attributes. You have managed, grown, and nurtured teams. You know how to develop individuals into superstars.
● Thorough understanding of brand marketing, as well as a deep working knowledge of other digital channels including Apps, Email, Affiliates, SEO, Performance Marketing and Social, ideally in a retail omnichannel setting.
● Previous experience in maintaining digital marketing channels for a multichannel retailer, combining both online and offline success criteria preferred.
● Active online presence and familiarity with social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Wordpress, Instagram, Mailchimp).
● Results-driven with exceptional detail and knowledge around metrics, specifically A/B testing and ROI analysis.
● Knowledge of best practices & current trends in digital marketing communication and CRM strategy for retail, digital commerce, or mobile apps preferred.
● Experience in analytics and modern digital marketing tools and methods is critical to the candidate’s success in this role.
● Ability to use analytics to understand digital consumer behaviour and identify opportunities to accelerate growth.
● Adept at creative storytelling using data driven insights, and ability to bring complex consumer data to life for marketing and business stakeholders.
● Experience in quantitative analysis on digital experiences and communication channels.
● Go-getter with proven experience building positive working relationships and working successfully in cross-functional teams with varied levels of understanding of analytics.
How to apply
This is a full-time, salaried position based in our HQ on Kijabe Street, Nairobi. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience and will include a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest with your resume and three references to below contacts before August 31st : firstname.lastname@example.org