Canon Pixma Printer MFP TS-3140
Enjoy crisp text and vivid, borderless photo printing, straight from your Smart device, Wi-Fi camera or the cloud, with this affordable PIXMA printer. Scan and copy with ease, using the intuitive 3.8cm LCD display. Print from anywhere with convenient wireless printing, using the Canon PRINT app, AirPrint and Mopria.
- Functions: Wi-Fi, Print, Copy, Scan, Cloud
- Print speed: Monochrome 7.7ppm, Color 4 ppm
- Print Technology: 2 FINE Cartridges (Black and Color)
- Paper Types: Plain Paper, Envelopes, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Glossy "Everyday Use" (GP-501)
- Scanner Type: CIS flatbed photo and document scanner
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1
- Supported Mobile Systems: iOS, Android, Windows 10 Mobile
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows: 3.1GB disk space, Internet Explorer 8
- Mac: Internet connection, 1.5GB disk space, Safari 5
- Display: 1024 x 768 XGA
- Display Type & Size: 3.8cm LCD segment mono
Interface Type - PC / Mac
- Hi-Speed USB (B Port)
- Wi-Fi: IEEE802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Security: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP, Administration password
- Wireless LAN Frequency Band: 2.4GHz
+ Free shipping*
|Use||Home & Office Use|
|Type||Inkjet, Deskjet & Officejet Printers|
TBC customer care was very helpful on the phone with advice on the right printer choice based on my needs. I ordered online on a Monday at noon, delivery was made the following day at 5pm. The printer comes with one black and one colour cartridge; and 2 power cables (2 pin and 3 pin). Kindly note that there is no USB cable. Setting up the printer to connect to mobile phones via the Canon PRINT app was a breeze. However, getting the laptop to connect wirelessly to the printer to start printing was a nightmare. It took 5 hours of trying to install the files using the CD-ROM it comes with, severally failing at the print head alignment stage; then severally uninstalling and reinstalling the files from the online link provided in the manual. Once you get though this hurdle, you'll appreciate that it is an affordable printer that does the printing, scanning and copying job well. I have even managed to print 32 copies of good quality colour passport photos on one A4 glossy paper (only succeeded when I called the paper "standard" - it gives an error when you choose the glossy paper option). It is not very fast but then again, this is suitable for light, occasional users. Note: Back to back printing can only be done manually as there is no automatic ADF feeder (as expected at this price).
PS: The colour toner that comes with the printer didn't last very long. I printed 20 A4 size colour photos on normal paper (not glossy which uses more ink) before it ran out. I guess you can only achieve the stated cartridge yield if NOT printing photos.
Reviewed by P M on 27 Jul 2020, 3:12 p.m.
1 of 1 customer found this useful
The printer works well
Connecting it to the home network was very complicated it requires a bit of networking knowledge even with the tools canon has created to try address this.
The manuals really don't help with this either.
Reviewed by Benjamin Mwalimu on 10 Mar 2020, 5:43 p.m.
This review has no votes.
Reviewed by anonymous on 20 Mar 2020, 8:07 p.m.
This review has no votes.