Practical Cookery 14th Edition
Trust Practical Cookery: the classic recipe and reference book used to train professional chefs for over 50 years.
This 14th edition of Practical Cookery is the must-have resource for every aspiring chef. It will help develop the culinary knowledge, understanding, skills and behaviours in the new Commis Chef (Level 2) apprenticeship standards and prepare apprentices and work-based learners for end-point assessment. It also supports those on NVQ programmes in Professional Cookery or Food Production and Cooking.
- Covers the latest preparation, cooking and finishing techniques, as well as the classics every chef should master with over 500 reliable recipes and 1,000 photographs.
- Provides clear illustration of how dishes should look with close-up finished shots for every recipe, and clear step-by-step sequences to master techniques.
- Ensures learners are fully up to date, with new content on the latest technology within | the hospitality sector, up-to-date safe and hygienic working requirements, and new content on costing and yield control.
- Helps assess knowledge and understanding with a new ‘Know it’ feature that will support preparation for professional discussions and knowledge tests.
- Allows students to showcase the practical skills required for assessment with a new ‘Show it’ feature.
- Encourages apprentices to think about how they have demonstrated professional behaviours with a new ‘Live it’ feature.
Average rating: 5
from 2 reviews
2 five star reviews
0 four star reviews
0 three star reviews
0 two star reviews
0 one star reviews
michel murimi reviewed on 11 Mar 2021
The book contains useful and up to date cookery materials
anonymous reviewed on 20 Jan 2022
TIMELY DELIVERY WELL PACKAGED EXCELLENT WORK...