We are hiring - Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Role: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Years of experience: 10 - 20 years
Salary: The salary offered will be commensurate with a candidate's experience and qualifications.
About the role
Text Book Centre is seeking to hire a new CEO to lead the organisation through its next phase of growth. The role would involve working closely with the parent company’s leadership to design the company’s strategy, identify priorities and lead business development efforts.
Set Growth Strategy:
- Set, vision and strategy for the East African market;
- Set targets and execute on them;
- Identify a priority set of target routes-to-market and distribution partners;
- Identify priority areas to expand the company’s portfolio of educational content.
Lead Business Development:
- Manage, grow and convert Text Book Centre’s prospective customer base, leading key sales meetings, leading the achievement of targets;
- Build Text Book Centre’s regional reputation, through key relationship development and management, and participation and key industry events.
Manage and develop the team:
- Drive the performance management and professional development of the team;
- Lead the recruitment process to grow the team.
Qualifications and Experience
Strong commercial acumen:
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience, of which at least 5 years was in a CXO or GM role at a reputed organisation, with P&L responsibility and a strong track record of achievement, ideally in a high growth context.
Team building and team management skills:
- A track record of achievement in building and managing teams;
- Track-record of having built and sustained culture underpinned by progressive values;
- Experience in managing a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience in managing a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
Change Management experience:
- A track record of change management, having led transformation initiatives in previous organisations, including developing and implementing new systems and processes.
How to Apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org