How can I shop online at Text Book Centre?
- Go to our website www.textbookcentre.com
- Locate the product by either searching using the search bar at the top of each page or browse through the categories
- Once you locate the item, click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button
- If you wish to continue shopping for other items, click on ‘Continue Shopping’. Once you are done shopping, click on ‘Continue to Secure Checkout’.
- You will be asked to confirm your items, click on ‘Continue to Secure Checkout’
- Fill in your shipping details. This can be done either while logged in or as a guest. If you do while logged in, the website will remember your shipping location the next time you shop. If you do as a guest, then the website will only remember your shipping details for that transaction only.
- Select your preferred payment method. We support mobile money transfer (M-Pesa and Airtel Money), Credit Card (Both Master and Visa) and supported local bank payment methods as provided by PesaPal.
- You will then receive a confirmation message via email and SMS from the website and the payment platform. The items are normally delivered within 48 – 72 hours from the time of payment unless otherwise advised.
How can I pay for my order?
Once you make a purchase from the website you can pay via M-Pesa or Credit card. If you select M-Pesa Option the website will display our Paybill number and account number that will be tied to your cart.
If you select PesaPal, we support mobile money transfer (M-Pesa and Airtel Money), Credit Card (Both Master and Visa) and supported local bank payment methods as provided by PesaPal.
What happens if my package does not arrive within the stipulated time?
If your order doesn’t arrive within 48 – 72 hours or within the communicated period:
If you selected free delivery (Standard Delivery), kindly check your nearest Posta office. EMS might not do door to door deliveries in all areas. In such cases, the client is required to pick the item from their nearest Posta office.
If you require tracking your order you can also call the Website Sales & Support line +254 730 735218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More contacts: https://textbookcentre.com/contact/
Can I shop on the website without registering my account?
Yes, you can shop on Text Book Centre website as a registered user or as a guest. When you shop as a registered user, you don’t have to enter again your details when you come back next time. You may also choose to check out as a guest in which the website will forget your details once you check out. This means that you will key in your details afresh the next time you need to purchase from our website.
How long does it take to do a delivery?
Orders made from the website will be delivered within 48 – 72 hours from the time of payment unless otherwise advised. An advice may be made when the order is distributed across multiple branches or an item needs to be ordered for from a very distant branch or from the distributors. Note that the time of placing the order is different from the time of order payment.
Where are deliveries done?
- Deliveries are done anywhere in Kenya (via EMS and G4S) and overseas via DHL.
How much do you charge for delivery?
- We offer free deliveries via EMS if the total cart amount is above KES 2,000 and a charge of KES 250 is added if the total cart is below KES 2,000.
- We also offer deliveries via G4S which is a premium service. All deliveries done via G4S are charged KES 406 up to 5 kgs regardless of the total cart amount. If the total cart is more than 5 kgs a charge of KES 30 will be added for every extra kg.
Learn more about deliveries here: https://textbookcentre.com/shipping-refunds/
Are the prices on the website the same as the prices at the shop?
- Text Book Centre has a one-price policy across all branches and this includes the website.
When a product is marked as available on the website, is it available in the branch?
- Products on the website are available also in our branches, though not all branches will necessarily have the item. The website will aggregate products from across all the branches. Once you buy from the website, we’ll aggregate the items from whichever branch they are available from. This usually takes not less than a day.
Where are Text Book Centre Branches located?
Text Book Centre has 10 branches as follows:
- TBC Kijabe Street - Kijabe Street, Nairobi
- TBC Flagship Store- Sarit Centre
- TBC Galleria - Galleria Mall, Langata
- TBC Garden City - Garden City Mall, Thika Road
- TBC Junction - Junction Mall, Ngong Rd
- TBC The Hub - The Hub, Dagoretti Road, Karen
- TBC Thika Road Mall - Thika Road Mall, Thika Road
- TBC Two Rivers Mall - Two Rivers Mall, Between Northern Bypass and Limuru Road
- TBC Village Market - The Village Market, Limuru Road
Learn more about the stores and their contacts: https://textbookcentre.com/stores/
Does Text Book Centre offer genuine products?
Text Book Centre sells only genuine products. All our IT items come with a warranty including accessories. The warranty will be stated on point of sale and will vary from 3 months – 3 years. All books, stationery, and art products are new. You're eligible for a refund within 7 days if you're dissatisfied with your purchase due to an error on our part or if the product doesn't arrive. We do not sell any second hand items.
Learn more about refunds: https://textbookcentre.com/shipping-refunds/
Can I request for an exchange if the wrong item is delivered or I make a mistake while buying online?
Yes, you can exchange the item in case of the above two eventualities within 7 days. Kindly drop the items at any Text Book Centre branch, the items should be accompanied by the original receipt as proof of purchase.
Can I earn points if I shop online?
Yes you can. The client is required to provide their loyalty card number before or while making the purchase. Indicate the number on the order comment section as you check out of the website.
What happens if I can’t log in or have forgotten my password?
You can easily reset your password by clicking on the ‘Sign In’ link at the top right of your browser. Then click on ‘Forgotten Password’ link under the log in form. Provide the email you used to register on our website and we’ll send you the password reset link. In case you still require help send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll assist.
How can I repurchase items incase I’ve lost my cart or need them again?
You can repopulate your cart with items you’ve purchased in the past by logging into our website. Click on ‘Account’ link on the top right hand of your browser. On the page that opens, click on ‘Order History’. Locate your order using the filters at the top or the list of orders that appear. Click through the order number desired and click on the green button ‘Reorder all items’. You can also reorder part of the order by clicking on ‘Reorder’ button on each listed item.
If you checked out as a guest, go to your email and click on each item individually as you add them to cart then once done, proceed to check out.
If an item is out of stock, how can I get notified when it’s back in stock?
If you get an item is out of stock on our website, the product’s ‘Add to cart’ button will be disabled and replaced with a ‘Notify me’ button. Click on this button and fill in your email address. Once the product is back in stock, the website will send you an email to notify you that the item is back in stock.
Do you deliver outside Kenya?
Yes, we do deliveries outside Kenya. Once you select a destination outside Kenya, you will be given the options to select DHL, pre-populated with an estimated cost of delivery, or you can click on ‘Registered Mail’ option whose cost will be calculated by a website administrator and then you’ll get a notification on email once ready.
Can I purchase from the website using a TBC Voucher?
It’s not possible to purchase using a voucher. At the moment, the voucher owner has to present it at the physical shop where an attendant will verify the validity of the voucher.
Can I send money to a mobile number to make the payment?
You cannot send money to a personal number if you want to make a website purchase. You are required to follow the correct procedure of buying online (as described here) and when you get to the payment page the website will display our Paybill Number and generate an account number that will be tied to your cart. You will use this to make payment. You will receive an SMS/email notification on the number/email you supply us.
Can I pay Cash on Delivery?
We do not support cash on delivery at the moment.