This page describes Text Book Centre's policy on shipping and refunds for all products purchased through this website. We strive to maintain excellent customer service and satisfaction, including a guarantee of every product as it's described on this website. Contact us with any queries that are not addressed below.
- Shipping charges for goods delivered within Nairobi or out of Nairobi (Upcountry) will incur a shipping cost KSh 250 except areas considered as hardship areas. International orders must choose a shipping method at checkout. (For international orders kindly send an email to email@example.com to confirm shipping details)
- Text Book Centre will not provide one shipping cost to orders that are split between multiple shipping addresses. We reserve the right to choose the most appropriate shipping method according to the size and weight of your order, the location of your shipping address, and other factors.
- Goods to Nairobi will be shipped within 24 working hours after receipt and clearance (when all your items are available to ship) of an order and 48 working hours to the rest of Kenya. Working hours are TBC Kijabe Street working hours which is open on weekdays 08:15 hrs- 17:15 hrs, Saturdays 08:15 hrs- 13:15 hrs and closed on Sundays and public holidays. Note that the shipping times are estimates and not guarantees.
- Shipping times can be affected by factors over which Text Book Centre has no control, including incorrect delivery addresses, weather, courier and customs delays and Post Office delivery restrictions.
- Text Book Centre is not responsible for receiving and processing an order with an incorrect shipping address. Please check your shipping address for accuracy. Please allow for additional time for all out of town and international orders. We have no control over certain delays like customs delays.
- Local customs and immigration agencies determine any duties or taxes that may be levied against packages arriving from outside the destination country. These additional fees are the responsibility of the recipient.
- Text Book Centre cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by the purchaser or recipient of orders due to shipment failure or late delivery.
- Text Book Centre automatically insures any orders.
- Free shipping is available on all orders with a shipping address within Kenya using TBC's preferred courier. Should the client prefer a different courier other than ones offered by TBC, the client will meet the delivery costs and at their own risk. International orders must choose a shipping method at checkout.
- Text Book Centre is unable to provide free shipping to orders that are split between multiple shipping addresses.
- We reserve the right to choose the most appropriate shipping method according to the size and weight of your order, the location of your shipping address, and other factors.
Delivery to hardship areas (Areas considered with poor infrastructure)
The following areas* are considered hardship areas by most courier services and will, therefore, attract extra shipping fee of not less than KSh 1,000: Baragoi, Bura, Dadaab, Elwak, Garsen, Hola, Habaswein, Ijaara, Lamu, Lodwar, Lokichogio, Mandera, Maralal, Marimanti, Marsabit, Masalani, Mbita, Modogashe, Moyale, Nginyang, Sugutar, marmar, Takaba, Wajir & Wamba.
Kindly note delivery for items shipped to hardship areas is within 4 days. The shipping fee applies to orders weighing between 0-5 kg, each additional kg or part thereof is charged an additional KSh 50.
* The list is updated occasionally as we get the information. Any other area not listed here and not easily accessible falls under special zone And will be priced accordingly.
Premium Service Delivery
G4S Kenya Limited
G4S is an overnight* courier service with a wide network of destinations in Kenya. Delivery is done door to door*.
- This delivery option will charge Ksh. 406 regardless of the cart amount and delivery location for weights not exceeding 5 Kgs.
- Weights above 5 Kgs will be charged an extra Ksh. 30 per Kg.
- Delivery is done on every day of the week except Sunday's and Public Holidays.
- Hardship areas for G4S include Lokichoggio, Kakuma, Lodwar where the first 5 Kgs will be charged Ksh. 1,393/68 (Plus VAT)
* Overnight Service - Delivery is made overnight upon completion of the order.
* Door deliveries to destinations outside G4S delivery zones may attract additional charges based on a need basis. G4S will call in case of this eventuality. G4S delivery zones are zones within 5 Kilometres radius from any G4S office.
You're eligible for a refund within 7 days if you're dissatisfied with your purchase due to an error on our part or if the product doesn't arrive.
1. Incorrect Product / Not As Described / Damaged
You are eligible for a full refund of the purchase price, including original shipping costs, only if your return is a result of an error on our part. To receive a refund, you must return your item directly to us within 7 days of the estimated delivery date and in the same condition you received it in.
2. Product Did Not Arrive
You are eligible for a full refund of the purchase price, including shipping costs, if your product hasn't arrived 30 days past the estimated delivery date. If the shipper/courier provides tracking information indicating the book has arrived, the return is void.
In cases where the product is returned to us for any of the following reasons, the refund price includes product price only: incomplete address, unclaimed, returned to sender, or similar.
3. Other Terms & Conditions
- Returned items should be unused and must be returned in original packaging with any enclosed documentation. We will issue a full refund on receipt, excluding the original delivery charge. Alternatively, if preferred, we will exchange the item.
- The item is your responsibility until it reaches us. Therefore, for your own protection, we recommend that you send the parcel using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods.
- Delivery charges are only refundable where goods are faulty and a refund is made.
- The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility.
- There are no refunds on items damaged in shipping. In that case, you must file a claim with the carrier.
- Orders that are paid for with a credit card and returned will be assessed a KSh 100 as processing fee.
- We do not refund shipping costs MPesa or credit card fees. They will be deducted from the total amount of your refund.
- In case of a refund, either partial or full, the transaction fees incurred by TBC will be deducted from the refund amount.
- The client has an obligation to respond to any communication either written or oral in order to facilitate delivery. Failure to which, TBC will deliver the item to the nearest or most convenient TBC branch.
- For international orders (outside Kenya), the client will be required to contact Text Book Centre before making an order for a shipping fee estimate.
- EMS is a Posta subsidiary and may, in some cases, not offer door to door deliveries. In such cases, the client will be required to collect their order at the nearest Posta office.